Human Non-Stem Cell Karyotyping
For human cell samples that are not stem cells, we recommend either of two options – our Standard G-band Chromosome Analysis OR our Complex G-band Chromosome Analysis, depending on what level of detail your studies require. Both services include brief cell culture, processing to arrest the cells in metaphase, cell fixation, preparation of stained/banded slides, and microscope analysis of the karyotypes of chromosome spreads.
The Standard Analysis analyzes 20 metaphase spreads and gives a general overview of the karyotypes in the written section of the report, and one representative karyotype image.
In comparison, the Complex Analysis analyzes 25 metaphase spreads and includes two representative karyotype images, and a table listing the details of every chromosome of each of the 25 spreads.
The final report includes:
- Information on chromosome count and gender
- Description of any aberrations detected (deletions, additions, breaks, translocation trisomies, monosomies, duplication, inversions, isochromosomes, polyploidy, and more)
- A written summary of the findings
- Twenty spreads analyzed and one representative karyotype image for the Standard Analysis; Twenty five spreads analyzed, two representative karyotype images and an Excel table of details for the Complex Analysis
- Work performed in the spirit of Good Laboratory Practice (GLP)
Other information to consider:
- Discounts for academic, non-profit research institution, and government labs
- Volume discounting available
- Option to submit cryopreserved samples for an extra fee (with longer turnaround time)
- Rush service available for an extra fee
- Additional images may be included for an extra fee
- Additional spreads may be analyzed for an extra fee